Canyon State Systems|
Sedona AZ, 86336
for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
Questions about CompuShow 32? Don't forget our FAQ!
Which is the right program for you?
Compare CompuShow 32 and CompuShow for Windows
Download Download CompuShow 32 version 5.1
Show Show / Hide sample screens
October 1, 2001: CompuShow 32 version 5.1 released
- A new "Batch Rename" function, provides five methods for renaming a group of tagged files
- Change names to UPPERCASE or lowercase.
- Change the base file names.
- Change the file name extensions.
- Find and Replace text in file names.
- Rename a group of files, assigning new names that include a "sequence number".
- Added "modified files only" option to SuperTree.
- Enhanced "history" and "bookmarks" drop-down lists.
- Added PDF files to the view button on the text window.
- Added GIF and JPEG "<img" html to the Details button ("all details" checkbox) of the Picture Window.
May 4, 2001: CompuShow 32 version 5.0 released
- The new "SuperTree" presents a unique view of your computer disk(s), instantly identifying exactly how much space is contained in each folder.
- Disk folders are displayed in a handy "outline" form. Expand or collapse outline levels with a mouse click or key press.
- Statistics for each folder (sub-folders, files, bytes, and disk space used) are displayed instantly as you point to a folder with your mouse.
- The largest folders on your disk are identified and presented in the form of a pie chart. Know exactly what percentage of your disk is used by the largest applications.
- Enhanced repair routines for thumbnail files damaged by hardware problems or Windows system crashes.
- Added support for the newest "streaming media" formats (ASF ASX WMV).
November 15, 2000: CompuShow 32 version 4.0 released
- Added a Sharpen/Soften adjustment to the image tools
- Added a trim option on the Save Dialog
- Added a dither option on the Save Dialog
- Added a track bar (slider control) to the media (movie, music, and sound) windows to back up or skip ahead.
- Enhanced the media window volume control to reflect external volume changes.
November 29, 2000: CompuShow 32 version 4.01
- Fixed damaged "Build Web Page" dialog and thumbnails.
May 22, 2000: CompuShow 32 version 3.0 released
- Added a built-in "User's Guide"
- The "how to" guide covers everything from the basics through the most powerful features of CompuShow 32.
- Designed to be read and printed in your web browser, it has clickable links to its glossary and related subjects.
- It "walks you through" the program with clear descriptions and plenty of illustrations and examples.
- A single button push checks for and retrieves updates via the Internet in seconds, so your guide is always up-to-date.
- Added an "Acquire" button to the main window to acquire images from a scanner, digital camera, etc. Images may be clipped, rotated, and adjusted as needed in the picture window and then saved as a JPEG, GIF, etc.
- Added a Zip Window to display, open and extract the contents of ZIP files.
- Added an "Open (run) in Windows" option to open documents and run programs.
- Added Edit, Save, Find, and Replace buttons to the text window to turn it into a text editor.
- Extended the drag and drop function to support copy and move of folders as well as files.
- Added a "copy name" function to the file menu to copy the complete file name to the Windows clipboard.
- Added support for CMYK JPEGs and Tiffs.
- Extended text file decode function to immediately display email and newsgroup message "attachments" after decoding.
- Improved quality of thumbnails and pictures saved at smaller dimensions.
- Added a tool tip display of folder and file names that are truncated in the folders section, the files section, and the drop down history and bookmark lists.
- Disabled "Recycle" of files on a network drive, since Windows doesn't send them to the recycle bin, and doesn't ask to confirm ("Are you sure you want to delete..."). No files may be deleted on a network drive without confirming "Yes, I'm sure".
- Added a Thumbnail Margin to the Web Page Build.
- Added a View button to the Web Page Build dialog to open the web page in a browser.
- Added a Shortcut option to run from the "Quick Launch" area of the (Windows 98 and 2000) task bar.
- Enabled scroll bar "tracking" on the picture window to move the picture while the scroll bar slide is dragged.
June 8, 2000: CompuShow 32 revision 3.01 released
Revision 3.01 includes a redesigned Register/Upgrade Wizard to circumvent the "Denied" response from CompuServe's mail server.
July 3, 2000: CompuShow 32 revision 3.02 released
Changed Register and Upgrade Wizards for new (1-Jul-2000) Arizona sales tax rate and fixed Wizard operation on systems with email registry entries missing.
November 10, 1999: CompuShow 32 version 2.1 released
- A new thumbnail Master Switch controls creation, update, and display of thumbnails.
- With the master switch off, you quickly navigate from one folder to the next without the "overhead" of thumbnail update and display.
- A simple button click turns the master switch back on to immediately update and display thumbnails whenever you want.
- We've added Thumbnail Tools to the Gallery to give you complete control of your thumbnails.
- The Thumbnail Folder View lists the number of thumbnail images for each folder you've stored in the Gallery database. Any folders that no longer exist (because they were either removed or renamed) are automatically identified and selected. You may select any other folders and delete the thumbnail images for all selections.
- The Thumbnail Update automatically updates the Gallery database for an entire disk drive. The update may be cancelled at any time.
- The new drop-down bookmarks list lets you jump instantly to your favorite folders.
- Enhanced JPEG routines include
- Support for JPEG version 6b.
- An "all details" option on the Picture Details window.
- A rare JPEG bug for images with integral sampling ratios has been fixed.
- There's a new (right-click) popup menu on the text window to turn on or off formatted display of RTF (Rich Text Formatted) files.
- Associated files opened from Windows Explorer now show the full (long) file name.
- We've added disk cluster information to drive properties for FAT32 drives.
December 9, 1999: CompuShow 32 revision 2.11 released
Revision 2.11 includes improved JPEG error trapping, to avoid "empty input file" errors during thumbnail build, and stores the volume label of removable disks during the Thumbnail Update.
January 14, 2000: CompuShow 32 revision 2.12 released<